UNC students may still access CAPS during the summer. Due to Summer 2020 remote learning environment, a health fee will not be assessed to summer school students as part of tuition and fees. To be eligible for accessing services at CAPS, a student must:
- Have paid a health fee in the 2020 spring semester (a part of tuition/fees), AND
- Did not graduate May 2020, AND
- Pay the Summer Access Charge
The Summer Access Charge applies to both onsite and virtual (teletherapy) individual visits in CAPS. It does not apply to those only participating in groups during the summer.
CAPS recognizes the additional financial burden for students during this pandemic, and therefore waives the CAPS summer access charge for those who are specifically accessing CAPS due to racial, LGBTQ and/or COVID-related stresses.
The Access Charge may be placed on student accounts (paid by calling patient accounts at 919-966-6588) or may be paid at time of service at patient accounts on the 2nd floor of Campus Health in Admin East for those receiving onsite care.
Rates for summer session time frames are as follows:
- Summer I (May 13 – June 21, 2020): $50.00
- Summer II (June 22 – Aug 11, 2020): $50.00
- Both sessions (May 13 - Aug 11, 2020) $100.00
- All may use groups with CAPS during the summer without paying the summer access charge.
- Students who graduate in May 2020 may access services at CAPS through June 9 (30 days following graduation) without paying the Summer Access Charge.
- All may use the Campus Health Pharmacy, Student Stores Pharmacy and the International Travel Clinic during the summer session without paying the summer access charge.