CAPS is open Monday - Friday from 8 am - 5 pm.
Due to the online learning environment of Summer 2020, no health fee is associated with 2020 summer school tuition and fees. Students who access individual CAPS services during summer 2020 will be charged a summer access charge of $50 per summer session or $100 for the whole summer.
- Initial consultation: Call 919-966-3658 to be screened by phone.
- Acute crisis: CAPS 24/7 is available at 919-966-3658 or visit CAPS between 8am-5pm Monday-Friday. If you have symptoms of illness or recent exposure to a person with COVID-19, please call before visiting.
- Scheduled follow-up appointments: by HIPPA-Compliant Zoom
- Groups: by HIPPA-Compliant Zoom including support groups for Grad Students, Post-Docs as well as on COVID-19, Self-Compassion, and Meditation. Students who only participate in groups do not need to pay the summer access charge.
- Online outreach:
- Instagram - daily dose videos with CAPS providers giving practical tools for emotional wellbeing
- Facebook - articles and resources vetted by CAPS providers to support your mental health
- Twitter - updates, articles, resources and daily dose videos for emotional wellbeing
- YouTube - Daily Dose of emotional wellbeing video playlist (updated regularly)
- Healthy Heels Blog - articles supporting mental health during the pandemic such as how to live with family, mental health resources, social connection during physical distancing and more!
- KeepLearning.unc.edu - FAQs and financial and academic assistance
- UNC COVID-19 response