- Are you interested in improving your relationships with other people?
- Trouble making friends or connecting with others?
- Are relationships hard to develop or quick to disappear?
- Disconnected from others?
- Want to work on social skills?
- Issues with family?
- Do you worry about how others perceive you?
- Struggle with self-esteem?
- Would you like to become more comfortable opening up to others or managing conflict?
- Do you experience difficulty asking for help or dealing with criticism?
If you answered "yes" to any of these...
Connections: Understanding Self and Others is for you!!
This group is a supportive, nurturing and safe environment where everyone works together to move toward their goals by providing encouragement to one another, giving and receiving feedback, and experimenting with new ideas and behaviors by learning how to connect to each other in the group. Participants learn better ways to form meaningful relationships. Develop insight about yourself and your relationship patterns, and identify and explore feelings. Many participants talk about the strong bonds they form with others in the group, how group helped them be more open with and feel closer to people in their life, how they view themselves more positively and feel more empowered as a result of group, and how much they miss group when it ends. Come be a part of this powerful experience!
This group requires an initial assessment at CAPS. The therapist will help you schedule a brief screening interview to see that the group will adequately address your reasons for coming to the group.
Use the group interest form with questions or to express interest in this group to the facilitator(s).
Photo Credit: The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill