UNC students may still access Campus Health and CAPS during the summer.
Those students attending a summer school class will pay the health fee in their tuition and fees for that summer session and are eligible for services at Campus Health and CAPS.
In order to be eligible for accessing clinical services at Campus Health and CAPS during a summer session when you are not enrolled in a class, you must:
- Have paid a health fee in the 2022 spring semester (a part of tuition/fees), AND
- Did not graduate in May 2022, AND
- Pay the Summer Access Charge
The Summer Access Charge applies to both onsite and virtual (telemedicine) visits in Campus Health and CAPS. The Access Charge may be placed on student accounts (paid by calling patient accounts at 919-966-6588) or may be paid at the time of service at patient accounts on the 2nd floor of Campus Health in Admin East for those receiving onsite care.
Rates for summer session time frames are as follows:
- Summer I (May 11 – June 19): $50.00
- Summer II (June 20 – Aug 7): $50.00
- Those who only access CAPS groups do not need to pay the Summer Access Charge.
- Students who graduate in May 2022 may access services at Campus Health and CAPS through June 7 (30 days following graduation) without paying the Summer Access Charge. Spring 2022 graduates are not eligible to pay the Summer Access Charge and continue care.
- You may use the Campus Health Pharmacy, Student Stores Pharmacy and the International Travel Clinic during the summer session without paying the summer access charge.