Year Two Experience
- Individual Brief Therapy & Group Therapy: 15 hours per week
- Referral Coordination: 3 hours per week
- Triage/Walk-In appointments: 4 hours per week
- Track/Outreach: 1 hour per week
- Track Active Learning: 1 hour per week
- Possible Provision of Supervision: 1.5 hours per week
- Fellows Process Group: .5 hours per week
- Documentation, phone calls, emails: Varies, but approximately 10 hours of administrative time is granted per week for these and other duties
- Individual Supervision: 2 hours per week
- Triage Supervision (in a group): 1 hour per week
- Training Committee Check-In: .5 hours per week
- Supervision of supervision: 1 hour per week
- Staff Meeting: 1.5 hours per week, twice per month
Second Year Activity Descriptions
Supervision of Masters Level Trainee
Fellows may have the opportunity to supervision a Masters level trainee for a semester. Masters level trainees are typically at CAPS three days a week. Each Masters level trainee carries a case load of 8-12 clients, which is distributed between two supervisors. Fellows will meet with the Master level trainee, in a taped supervision session once a week for an hour. Responsibilities include: reviewing and signing documentation, watching/listening to recordings of therapy sessions, and providing consultation, instruction and feedback. Supervision of supervision will be provided (see below).
Supervision of Supervision
Fellows will meet one hour each week with two staff supervisors for discussion, training and review regarding supervision. Fellows will identify questions and concerns appropriate for supervision of supervision. They are expected to share tape of supervision sessions every other week. Fellows will receive feedback and suggestions from staff supervisors and the Fellow cohort. Staff supervisors will review and provide final sign-off on notes.
Fellows will identify an area of clinical interest. Areas of interest can include presenting concerns, demographic groups, and theoretical orientations. Fellows will spend one hour per week engaged in self-directed learning, which may include reading, consultation, training, etc. One additional hour per week will be spent providing targeted student outreach. Fellows will be responsible for identifying opportunities to meet these requirements and will submit proposals to the training committee for consideration. Fellow will report on their progress to the training committee at regular intervals.
Track Active Learning
Fellows are allocated one hour per week to pursue clinical interests related to their outreach track through reading, continuing education, training videos or other professional development activities.
Training Committee Check-In
Time for fellows to meet as a group with one or more members of the Training Committee to discuss track activities, professional development and programmatic topics.