Finding a Good Fit
Here are some questions you can ask in your initial conversations with a therapist to help you assess if they will be a good fit for you.
Payment / Reimbursement
- What insurances do you take?
- Do you file insurance for clients?
- How do your clients normally pay any co-pays? Cash? Credit card? Which cards do you take?
- Do I need to bring a copy of my insurance card?
- Does insurance reimburse you if we meet through telehealth?
- What are your typical days/hours?
- How do clients schedule appointments with you?
- How do clients cancel appointments?
- How much notice do you require to cancel appointments?
- How long are typical appointments?
- What areas do you specialize in?
- What is your treatment style?
- What might a session with you look like?
- Do you have experience treating _______?
- Do you have experience treating people like me (fill in your demographic)?
- Do you treat a lot of college students?
Getting to Therapy
- Do you offer telehealth services?
- Are you on a bus line? Which one?
- Is parking available? Do I have to pay for parking?
- What should I do if I'm running late for an appointment?
Sharing and printing options: